I know, I suck at this. Life just gets too busy to sit down and write. I usually update after my kids have gone to bed, but blogging gets put on the back burner if I have other things to do at night. Here are a few of the things that have been taking up all of my no-kid time.
C-2's preschool wanted to do some hand prints for Christmas gifts for parents. Since there are only 25 kids between the two classes, and I was able to trade a months worth of tuition for my work and supplies, I didn't mind. It's always fun to get a little glimpse of what goes on at preschool and to see how C-2 behaves when he's not with me. Most of the hands turned out great, I had some bubbles and other little flaws to fill in, but it wasn't too bad. I also ended up doing these same things for our old ward's cub scouts. I had to buy bigger trays because 8 & 9 years old hands were way too big to fit in the trays I had. I also did my scouts, thank goodness there are only 5 of them. After C-2's Christmas program, Ms. Margo handed out the hand prints and told the parents to open them because she wanted to see their reactions. I must admit, I was very anxious to see reactions as well. I watched one mom hold the hand print right up to her face, looking very intently at it for quite a while. I would have to stay that I think she liked it, ALOT.
3 comments:
Oh man, I won't get a sucker! Just kidding! I will miss them though. I contemplated making some this year but just ran out of time. I love the handprints. They turned out awesome. Once word gets around your going to have a lot of preschool and school classes after you. I wish we could be there and come sledding at your house. We miss the snow. Have fun tonight!
Wow, I know how much work those hand prints are. You are a Saint. I am sure the parents loved them. Have a great Christmas. Kim
Shoot!! I really wanted some impressions of Ben when He was born. Maybe the next baby (which won't be any time soon) I can't believe how cute your little J is.
Post a Comment