The guy and I started putting the kiddies to bed tonight around 8:30. I say "we", really it was just the Guy because I had to run over to my mom's for a minute. We always put the 2 C's to bed first, because they usually fall asleep pretty fast. When I got home from my mom's house, the two little boys were sitting on the Guy's lap watching Donald Duck, or as S says, Dongle Duck. By now, it's about 9:00 and time for S to go to bed. I take him in the bathroom to brush his teeth, he throws a fit because I won't let him use the mouth wash the older boys use. He then smacks his mouth on the counter which causes his lip to bleed. He then has a case of the jelly legs and won't stand up to brush his teeth. I then, take him to bed, while he is screaming and kicking his little legs. He then screams and cries because he wants to brush his teeth. This goes on for about 5 minutes, then mom gets mad and takes him to the front room to have a seat on the naughty mat for a while. When he is finally finished with his fit, we brush his teeth, and I take him to bed for the first of many, many, many times tonight. I say goodnight, kiss his noggin, tell him to stay on his bed, then I leave. About 2 seconds after I shut the door, I can hear S getting out of bed. I take him back to bed and repeat the above steps. S then gets out of bed again. The Guy takes a few turns at putting him back in his bed. I take a few more turns. I think we took the little man back to bed at least 15 times tonight.
I unload and load the dishwasher while the Guy is doing some other things, both of us thinking that S is finally asleep. At about 10:45, I walk down the hall to check on him, his door is open, he is not in his room, where could the little darlin' be? He is in our bathroom, sitting on the floor, leafing through a toy catalog from the Super Target. I was really ticked and just grabbed him and took him back to his bed, but now I sure wish I had taken a picture of him sitting there.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have the most beautiful kids!!! I miss you! Karen
my blog is 21browntown - but I lost my camera and have not updated it since school started!
Hey, I think it's more fun to say the guy and the C's and S...I should do that too! Oh yeah, how did dinner go on sunday?
thanks for making me realize how excited I am to have kids. Good thing we put our order in early to get babies that sleep through the night and kids that put themselves to bed with no complaints at 7:00 PM. Sorry you missed out on that order.
Turn the doorknobs around and lock him in. I know it sounds cruel but it saved me. With both Tate and Tia constantly getting out of bed I thought I was going to go crazy. It seriously saved my sanity.
Post a Comment