Saturday, June 21, 2008

Georgia

These are a little out of order, but it's my blog so nobody really has any say about that. C-1 and The Guy went to Georgia a few weeks ago to see Mark, Daina and their girls. They had a really good time. I'm glad they were able to go, but I missed them a lot. I'm not used to being home without all my guys. It wouldn't have been so bad, except they ended up spending their last night away in the Chicago airport, on a bench. Their flight from Georgia to Chicago was delayed for over 2 1/2 hours, so they missed their connecting flight home. I was a little upset, make that ALOT upset. The airline wouldn't even give them a free hotel room because they claimed it was Air Traffic Control's problem, and not theirs. Luckily, The Guy is an easy going kind of guy and told me to relax, that they were fine and not to worry about them. Of course, I still worried and thought I was going in to labor the next day. False alarm.




Anyway, they had a great time. C-1 had so much fun with Aidan. They have always been really good friends and I'm glad they were able to spend some time together before all the rest of the Romney and Hansen families arrived. They were able to go swimming a few times at their neighborhood pool. They also went to an Atlanta Braves game. They went to the Georgia Aquarium and to this place called Stone Mountain where C-1, all the other kids, (including The Guy), got to drive the duck boat. Which is this car/boat thing that drives straight off the road in to the water, and everyone on board gets their very own duck whistle. I can only imagine how insane the duck boat driver must be after every ride!




They had a good time and I'm jealous that we all weren't able to go. Maybe just C-2 and I will get to go next. I can say one thing for certian though, we will not be flying United Airlines!

3 comments:

Rachel and Kelly said...

I found you on Daina's blog. I'm glad everyone had fun in Georgia. I here the aquarium out there is amazing.

Daina Romney said...

We loved having Conner and Brent here, I wish the rest of you could have come. Aidan loved having Conner here and was so sad to see him go. I love the pictures. I am hoping to get all of mine on a web album in the next day or so. I was kindof a slacker though in the picture taking department. There were just so many people here!

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

LOOKS LIKE A FUN GETAWAY! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE BABY SOON! GOOD LUCK!