Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Basement



I know, it's been a while. But hey, I was a little busy finishing the basement. It's finally done. YAHOOOO! We had our carpet installed on the 13th. Friday the 13th. How scary. No need to worry, it still turned out okay. It has be so very nice to be able to spread out a little and have some room to move. We were up until 2 a.m. every night before the carpet came trying to finish up all the painting. It has been very nice this past week to be able to sit down and relax a little.


C-1 was able to move in to his new room last night. He has been so excited to get in to his very own space. He spent a lot of time down there today, organizing and putting everything exactly where he wanted it. He and C-2 both started out sleeping in C-1's new room last night, but some time in the middle of the night -2 had a dream about a big white spider and ended up back in his bed upstairs. I think C-1 will do a pretty good job at keeping his own room clean and straightened up. I realize that C-2 is a really big slob and C-1 had a hard time keeping their room looking very nice.


I had closet organziers installed yesterday, so we have tons 'o' shelves to hold whatever you can think of. We also moved both of our computers down to the new office and it's been nice to try and get all of our 'office' stuff in one place.

We have had a busy day. We also took apart the bunk beds to try and get S used to a big boy bed before the baby gets here. Hmm, he had better hurry and get used to it. We are pretty much out of time for that. Here is a picture of S in his new bed. He looks so little, yet so grown up at the same time. I layed down in there with him tonight, and as soon as The Guy shut the door and left, S got right out of bed and went over to the door to try and get out. Luckily for us, he isn't able to actually open the door just yet. I sat in there with him for a while, but he was just rolling around in the bed. The Guy came back in and he finally went to sleep. I think it's going to be a while before we get this routine down.

2 comments:

Daina Romney said...

so typed this whole thing and then my computer lost it's internet connection. Anyway, I am glad that you were able to finally get your basement finished. Are we still going to have a sleepover in August? Anyway, looks like Conner loves it.

Karen Brown said...

You might need a bunch of kids to fill the extra space! I'll send mine over! Glad it's all done and one less thing to worry about before baby comes! YEA!!! - Love ya! Karen