Thursday, September 18, 2008

Whoa! Where did the last 2 months of my life go?

Okay, I know, everyone get off my back already!! This 4th kid just sent me right over the edge. Every time I sit down at the computer, S needs me, or a fight breaks out upstairs, or J wakes up and wants my attention. Anywhooo, here we go. So, since I last updated, summer ended, C-1 started the third grade, C-2 started preschool, had a birthday and turned 5, C-1 and C-2 both started soccer and S has decided that he no longer requires sleep. Oh yeah, and my baby J gained 5 pounds.

C-1 started the 3rd grade this year. He was very nervous for the first day of school and ended up sleeping upstairs the night before. He came upstairs around midnight saying he was hearing things. C-2 was sleeping over at his cousin's house, so C-1 slept in his bed. His teacher this year is Mrs. Sutton. C-1 had actually told me he wanted to be in her class so I requested her. He came home yesterday and was saying how much he likes her and that she is really nice. I hope she isn't too much of a push over, or C-1 will get behind on work. C-1 is a smart kid and does well in school IF he can stay focused.

C-1 has also started soccer again. He has had two games so far and has played very well. His team got spanked at their first game, but won their second game. I hope his game this week goes well. I look forward to his games and enjoy watching C-1 outrun everyone else!



C-2 started soccer as well. His team is the Green Dragons. His uniform is bright green, so at least I can find him when he's at the park. His first game he scored 4 goals and he had a ton of fun. He told me after the game that he wanted to make even more goals and didn't want to have to share the ball with anyone else. I tried to explain that when you play on a team, you have to share the ball, he didn't really care, or even listen. His second game he scored 2 or 3 goals and had a good time. It's fun to watch 4 and 5 year olds play soccer, or should I say "Magnet Ball". At least there are only 3 kids from each team on the field at a time so that cuts down on congestion around the ball. C-2's birthday was on the 12th. I'll post some more about that with some pictures another day.



Last Saturday, we put the bunk beds back together in C-2's room. We moved S in there with C-2 and ever since then, S refuses to go to sleep. In his old room, he couldn't reach the light switch so he would play in the dark for a few minutes and then just go to sleep. But now, he can reach the light switch from his bed, so he just turns it on and plays, and plays, and plays. So an hour and a half after he goes to bed, I see the light on and go in there to find him playing on the floor with a bunch of toys he has pulled out. He doesn't even go to sleep when you are sitting with him on his bed. He fidgets and sits up and rolls around and sticks his rear end up in the air. He makes you crazy. I guess I wouldn't really care if he stayed up late if he would just sleep in in the morning. But, oh no. 6:00, 5:30, 6:30, name any unreasonable hour for a 2 year old to be up, and S has done it. He must have a little of his dad in him if he can get by on very few hours of sleep!



J is doing well. He has porked up a bit. By bit, of course I mean by about 7 pounds. I took him in for his 2 month check and the girl that weighed him made a comment about how she had never weighed a 2 month old that was as big as J. Oh please, she should have seen C-1 at that age. He was so fat I was embarrassed to show him to people. Oh well. J is a cute little bugger. I just love him to bits. He is a very good baby, very mellow. However, he is a night owl and that is just not working for me. He likes to stay up until after midnight so that is a lot of the reason why I'm not getting my blog updated very frequently. I used to get a lot of stuff done from 10 until midnight. Not any more. Between S goofing off all night and J, my free time has gone down the toilet! Oh well, they are all worth it.

5 comments:

The Williamseses said...

Look at your cute family. You ae a very patient mom!! I cry if I don't get to sleep in! I still need to come and see you, I really suck! But I too had a baby this summer, his name is Todd, since he broke his foot and can't put any weight on it STILL I don't get much free time. I promise I feel guilty, and I check you blog often to get an update on you guys. hopefully we will be back to normal by Christmas and I will sort of get my life back!
love,
Raechel

Daina Romney said...

Hey Lori,
It is nice to see you back in the blogging world. I can't believe how much Jack has grown since we saw him last. It is so unfair to always be missing everything. That is funny about Sam not going to sleep. You should try taking the light bulb out at night, then all of his fun would be gone. Aidan is starting Basketball in a month, I can hardly wait I love watching these young kids play sports.

Debbie said...

You have such cute boys! Jack looks so much like Brent, its amazing. I know what you mean about the fourth child putting you "over the edge." Only, I think it happened to me with my third. You are doing a great job, Mom.

Nicole said...

We had the same problem when we put Kennedy and Tia in the same room but Kennedy gets really mad at Tia and yells at her. We could hear Tia turn on the light then Kennedy would turn it off and tell her to knock it off so Kennedy kind of did our job for us. Is it just me or does Jack's hair look red in that last picture.

Katie said...

What a beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet him.