
On May 3rd, C-1 and The Guy ran the first ever 5k put on by the elementary school. They both did great and finished strong. I have to be honest, I was a little worried that The Guy might have a heart attack around mile 2, but he survived. C-1 had a good time and plans on running a shorter 2 mile loop when he and The Guy are in Georgia to see his cousin next week.
C-1 is so very excited to be going to Georgia. He can't stop asking about the plane ride and everything they will be doing while they are there. I really wish we were all going, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let a hugely pregnant woman on the plane. I was too cheap to buy a ticket for C-2, so I told him that he and I would try and take our own trip to Georgia some time in the fall.

C-1 and C-2 are both busy with baseball right now. C-1 has done very well this year and I am so proud of how much he has been improving. He even hit a home run a few weeks ago. He is playing on the White Sox team this year and he usually plays at 1st or 3rd base. I love to watch his face when he makes a good play or has a nice hit. He always looks over to make sure we were watching.

C-2 is playing his first year of T-Ball. I have to be honest, watching his games from start to finish is sometimes almost painful. I don't remember C-1's T-ball games being so completely disorganized and silly, but I'm sure that they were. There are usually about 4 or 5 kids sitting in the middle of the infield by the pitcher, picking the grass, watching another game going on behind them, or just chatting it up with one of the other players. When they hit the ball, they forget to run, or run to third base, or to the pitcher, or even over to grandma and grandpa sitting on the sidelines. Caleb is enjoying himself and that is what is important. I had no idea that buying a 4 year old a pair of baseball pants could make his life complete. On the days he has a game, he wants to put his uniform on as soon as he wakes up in the morning. It's very cute. He did great in his game today, he even hit the ball from a pitch, and not off of the tee. He is fun to watch, even if the games seem to last F-O-R-E-V-E-R.
S is Mr. Personality. He is just constantly making me smile. He is a ton of fun, especially when he's in a good mood. This picture is not chocolate all over his face, it's dirt. He was really enjoying playing in the dirt in my flower bed. I guess he was eating more of the dirt than he was digging in. He is also a bit like a parrot. He repeats most everything that you say to him. He is growing up fast and it makes me a little sad. I'm sure that once jr. gets here, S is going to have a hard time. He is definitely a momma's boy. I need to get him in to a big boy bed very soon. That should be a lot of fun. I know there is no way he is going to actually stay in bed.
That is about it for my boys. Our basement is very close to being finished. We ordered the carpet on Monday so now we have a deadline to meet. We plan on painting the walls this week and then we are finally done!! Hey, it's only been a 4 year project. I hope to move Conner down to his new room but I don't know if he will enjoy sleeping down there all alone. I guess we will just wait and see.
2 comments:
So cute! I can't wait to visit. I didn't realize your basement was so close to being finished, but I guess you don't really have a choice at this point. Talk to you soon!
Okay so I am pretty sure that you neglected to share this big news of starting a blog with me. You stinker! Seriously though, I love looking at the pictures of your boys, I can't believe how much they have grown. I am excited to see Brent and Conner but I do wish the rest of you were coming too. Oh well, it isn't too far until August!!!
Post a Comment